Non-legalese, Simple English Summary
- You provide your personal information (email, phone number, etc.) to us while creating an account with us. We store that information reliably and securely. We use that information to serve you.
- You may provide us with your credit card information, however, that information is actually being provided, securely via TLS v1.2 directly to Stripe.com (Stripe, Inc. 3180 18th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110). We do not ever see or store your credit card information. Ever. We can’t erase it ever, because we never had it to begin with. Don’t worry, we’ll still get paid if you have a subscription. We promise.
- When you use our services / website / app, we basically collect non personal data, such as IP address, date, protocol and browser used. We also collect your very personal data - but only if you voluntarily give it to us - otherwise, we simply don’t! If you are opposed to this, please do not use our services. If you voluntarily gave us your personal data such as name, address and email address, and you later decide you wish to have us delete this personal information, you may (or may not) first delete your account via our lumoscloud.com product dashboard, however you also must simply call or chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to accommodate your request. However, we’d be much happier to provide you with exceptional service.
The following policy describes the information gathering and dissemination practices for Lumos Consulting, Inc. (hereafter “Lumos”) properties, including the lumoscloud.com and lumosconsultinginc.com website, all sites in the lumoscloud.com and lumosconsultinginc.com domain (app.lumoscloud.com, learning.lumoscloud.com, *.lumoscloud.com, *.lumosconsultinginc.com), and all sites in the Lumos network.
SECTION 1 – Information Gathering
Lumos logs server information related to identify: (1) usage levels of specific areas of our site, (2) origin of our site’s audience, and (3) browsers and operating systems of site visitors. We do not associate IP addresses to individuals. As such, visitor sessions will be tracked, but visitors will remain anonymous.
The following information may be collected for this analysis, including, but not limited to:
- User client hostname – The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, “user-agent” – The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, “referrer” – The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date – The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request – The exact request the user/client made.
- Status – The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length – The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method – The request method used.
- Universal Resource Locator (URL) – The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URL – Anything after the question mark in a URL.
- Protocol – The transport protocol and version used.
Other than information voluntarily provided by visitors, Lumos does not collect personally identifiable information (such as name, email, or address).
SECTION 2 – Information Provided Voluntarily
When using any of Lumos' website, you may choose to provide information to us through web forms, email, or other electronic means. Any personally identifiable information you submit will be used only for the purposes indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff and may be recorded to help us improve our site and better respond to similar requests.
SECTION 3 – Use of Information
Lumos uses the information described above to tailor content to visitors, ensure broad access to our site regardless of software, monitor site performance, and generate aggregate statistical reports. At no time do we disclose site usage by individual IP addresses.
Lumos will not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information without your consent, except to the extent required by law. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. Persons not wishing to have submitted information used in that manner are not required to provide it.
SECTION 4 – Security
This site has security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of data collected. Lumos websites are expected to adopt security measures appropriate for Lumos’s data collection practices.
SECTION 5 – What do we do with your information?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 6 – Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Lumos Consulting, Inc., 4309 Hacienda Drive, Pleasanton, CA, 94588, United States
SECTION 7 – Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 8 – Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
You may provide us with your credit card information, however, that information is actually being provided, securely via TLS v1.2 directly to Stripe.com (Stripe, Inc. 3180 18th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110). It is not collected by, seen by, or stored by Lumos. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction, and if you choose to have a reoccurring monthly subscription, stored on Stripe.com’s servers, securely. After your subscription is complete, or if you cancel your subscription, your purchase transaction information and your credit card is securely deleted.
All payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Lumos’s Terms of Service here.
SECTION 9 – Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 10 – Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Lumos Consulting, Inc.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[4309 Hacienda Drive, Pleasanton, CA, 94588, United States]